Workshops & Culture Camps
A portion of all of our sales helps fund our culture camps deigned to promote the preservation of traditional Aboriginal culture & knowledge. These camps take place each year on our land under our non profit organization – Reconnecting with Mother Earth Society.
Our Elders, the keepers of the traditional knowledge, are integral in the running of our annual culture camps. Francis Whiskeyjack, our head Elder, humbly shares his wisdom & knowledge for all those who attend.
Some of the culture camp activities include
- medicinal plant walks
- traditional brain hide tanning
- traditional meat preservation/drying
- traditional Aboriginal Crafts (dream catcher, rattles, drums, jewellery, etc.)
- traditional story telling, drumming, and singing
- Sacred ceremonies (sweat-lodge, pipe ceremony, etc.)
- Animal assistant activities
- Archery, traditional games, snowshoeing, etc
- Survival skills (fire starting, orientation, etc.)
- Medicinal Tea Making – An interactive exploration of some of the healing properties of our traditional plants. At the end you make your own delicious tea blend and a medicine walk.
- Authentic Aboriginal Crafts: Dreamcatchers, rattle & drum making, etc.
- Traditional Brain hide tanning: Coming Soon
Watch the ‘News” section on the main page of our website for dates – or, if you would like to arrange bringing out your group, please contact us for details & pricing. Proceeds from these workshops go to the facilitator & for supplies.